This is my 1st time to write a blog! I want to create one because I was inspired by my colleague (Rob Landrito) who taught me how to falling in love with photography. :) In my memory, I knew he loves to take photos about 5 years ago. I remembered when I bought a Canon G2 during that time, he showed me how to shoot an object in closer distance. I sold my beloved G2 3 years after, because it's too "heavy" for me. I bought a Canon SD550 later for it's light weight and compact size.
About 2 years ago, Rob and I went to J&R together to pick up his DSLR camera (I think that's the camera - Canon 5D, not the lens), I forgot exactly how much, but it was around $2500 - $3500. That time, I said to myself, I will never think of getting one because: 1) Too freaking expensive 2) Big and heavy. From time to time, Rob shows me his pics from his trips, it looks amazing but it didn't motivate me at all about photography. When he explains about the technology parts (ISO, shutter speed and AF), I always confuse about it and forgot it totally when I'm back to my desk.
The main reason why turn me into photography is my son - Brendan Chan. When I shoot with my P&S to him, I always got yell at "NO FLASH LIGHT!! IT'S NOT GOOD FOR THE BABY'S EYES!" Without flash light, my P&S just can't produce any good pics for indoor. I was thinking to buy a better and more expensive P&S that time, but then DSLR came to my mind. I started to googled it and talked to Rob again. I finally absorbed the technology part (about ISO, shutter speed and AF) and decided to buy my 1st DSLR. Finally, I bought the Canon 40D w/ 50mm f1.4 lens. Loved it. Althought it's not wide enough, but it's excellent for protrait.
Until now, I still couldn't believe I own a DSLR!! I didn't bought the entry level one but the semi-professional one. Am I out of my mind? Well, I was told 40D is very good for sports photography, so that I can learn it and shoot some badminton in action! Also, the build quality of 40D is way better than XSi/XS.
Here is my favor pic for my son (taken from Rob's Canon 5D w/ 85mm f1.8)
I will try to upload a pic at least once a week. This way, I will force myself to carry my 40D more often.
Once again, thanks Rob who brings me to this wonderful and expensive hobby :)
Friday, February 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Everytime you want to buy a lens with a red ring on it, just give me the money instead. I'll give you the lens you really need and keep the leftovers as payment :-).
ReplyDelete